TODO: Use this site to find project supervisors for your masters projects.
Model Based Design
Modelling & Simulation
Cyber-physical systems (CPSs) are composed of interacting software and hardware elements, and are marked by distributed, networked control and the need for fault tolerance and human interaction. Examples include co-operating vehicles, smart grids, autonomous drones, precision agriculture, and smart buildings. Many of these are case studies based on real work collaboratiing with industral partners.
At Newcastle we are developing tools and techniques to help better understand these systems through techniques such as collaborative modelling and co-simulation, where multiple individual models are joined to create system-level model of a CPS.
I am keen to supervise projects which:
- Explore the "design space" of such models by running multiple simulations
- Visualise the results of such "design space explorations"
- Expand existing collaborative models with models of human behaviour
- Visualise collaborative models in 3D using Unity or other game engines
- Investigate controls for (simulated) racing robots
Technologies & Programming Languages
I am comfortable supervising projects that make use of the following technologies and programming languages.
Vienna Development Method (VDM)